This is the personal blog of Michelle Cali, creator of Wine Coutures and John8eight. Here she plans to get overly personal with you by giving details of her creative process along with rants and raves about her two favorite subjects- alcohol and weddings. She will write often, (not sure if that's a promise or a threat), so please visit as much as you can tolerate. Enjoy!

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm With The Eco's, Of Course!


Okay, I have to make a confession here. You know those 'in' groups in grammar school and high school? The group all the girls wanted to be a part of? Well, I was never one of those girls. I despised all things that felt like a clique. I was always the odd girl out. Even in college as a Theatre major I was still the loner chick among theatre freaks! No sororities. Not even in the Honor Society. So, what on earth compelled me to try to join an Etsy team?!

If you don't know what an Etsy team is, here is the description taken from the Etsy website:


"Etsy Teams are groups of organized Etsy members who network, share skills, and promote their shops and Etsy together. A Team forms around a shared location, crafting medium, or another interest."

These teams are like their own sororities- promoting and encouraging each other; sharing pictures and stories; exchange gifts; participating in fun activities. Basically doing everything together except having a sleep over and braiding each other's hair. ( Which I'm not completely sure this isn't going on in one of the groups.)


So, here I am in the middle of the night browsing through teams. I had applied to a couple before with unsurprising rejections. So, for apparently some deep rooted sadomasochistic tendency that I have yet to unearth in my therapy sessions, I submitted another request. This time it was to join the EcoEtsy team. This group is about using recycled materials in all they do and promoting a eco-friendly lifestyle.


Holy cow! Just imagine my shock when I got an email the next day with a formal invitation inviting me to join the EcoEtsy team. *Squeal* I'm accepted! They like me! They really like me! Yes, even in my 30's it still feels good to be a part of the 'in' crowd.


So now I want you all to go visit the EcoEtsy website to see just how cool they really are. You can find them at http://www.ecoetsy.com/ or click on the link on the right hand side of my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment