This is the personal blog of Michelle Cali, creator of Wine Coutures and John8eight. Here she plans to get overly personal with you by giving details of her creative process along with rants and raves about her two favorite subjects- alcohol and weddings. She will write often, (not sure if that's a promise or a threat), so please visit as much as you can tolerate. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meaningful Statement

I was cleaning out some boxes and going through some paperwork the other day when stumbled upon a sketch book that I thought I had lost. I had bought the book back in 2002 and was trying to use it to come up with my next great business plan. At the time I wanted to go into fashion, creating my own clothing line using recycled clothes, (even then I was into the whole recycling thing).

Within the pages of the book I found a statement that I had written about being a designer. I still feel strongly about what I wrote and would like to share it with you now:

This entry was dated August 14, 2003

"I will be a happy designer. I'm tired of seeing all these fashion designers on TV interviews looking like they would rather be having their teeth pulled with no pain killers then to talk about their collection. I just hate depressed, unimpressed designers. There are thousands of aspiring young designers that would kill to trade places with these top designers. Yet too many designers look as if someone is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to design. It's a gift and blessing to do what you love. When God favors you to give you such a life you should show your appreciation for it. What God has given, he can take away just as quickly. I will show my thankfulness to God if he allows me to become a designer. I will not take his gift to me for granted. I will be a happy designer."

0 comments:

Post a Comment