This is the personal blog of Michelle Cali, creator of Wine Coutures and John8eight. Here she plans to get overly personal with you by giving details of her creative process along with rants and raves about her two favorite subjects- alcohol and weddings. She will write often, (not sure if that's a promise or a threat), so please visit as much as you can tolerate. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

My First Public Speech About My Transplant

I was asked to give a speech on August 12, at the Kick-Off event for the San Francisco Liver Walk. This was the first time I had ever publicly told my story in my own words. Although my husband and I have been interviewed before about the events surrounding my transplant, this telling of my story was not in front of a camera or recorded on a tape recorder and put into print with correct grammer. This time it was live and I had to tell the story without the help of my husband.

Scared as hell would be an understatement. My whole body was shaking from the moment I stood up until it was time for us to head home. I'm not sure what all I said, but everyone told me I did a good job and that I was a very powerful speaker.

At the event, both before it started and right after it ended, the people at the ALF Northern California chapter could not stop talking about my wine bottle necklaces and wine glass charms that I had sent them for the Flavors event. If I could blush I would have been bright red from all the talk. I have never gotten such genuine positive response from so many at once about my work. Talk about a wonderful ego booster!

I am truly looking forward to my continued work with the ALF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment