This is the personal blog of Michelle Cali, creator of Wine Coutures and John8eight. Here she plans to get overly personal with you by giving details of her creative process along with rants and raves about her two favorite subjects- alcohol and weddings. She will write often, (not sure if that's a promise or a threat), so please visit as much as you can tolerate. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wish Me Luck

So, I've been having an online affair for some time now. No, not with a man, and not with a woman either, you sick perverted person, you. It's been with a website. Oneofakindshowandsalechicago.com to be exact. For some time now I have been visiting the site of the One of a Kind Show, wishing that one day I could be able to show my work at one of the biggest holiday shopping events in the United States. Again, this year I let the application deadline come and go as there was just no way I would be able to afford the almost $2,000 booth price even if I was to be accepted into the show. *sigh*

But, now a second opportunity has come along that may give me a chance at my dream. Etsy has teamed up with the One of a Kind Show to showcase some new artist. Their application deadline is this September and the price for a both, if accepted, is only $500.00. I still don't know where I will be able to get the money for the show or the airline tickets to go, (or where to stay for that matter). But like my hubby reminded me, let's see if I am even accepted before I jump the gun.

So, this week I am filling out my application and turning it in. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment